Stem Cell Engineering Workshop
Location: IBB 1128(404) 894-6228
Location Phone: (404) 894-6228
The Stem Cell Engineering Workshop will be held from 1:30 p.m. to 7.pm. on May 9 at the Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience at Georgia Tech.
For more information contact
Research Program Coordinator
Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience
May. 09 2011 1:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Showcasing enabling technologies and fostering new interdisciplinary, multi-investigator collaborations. Open to all faculty or trainees interested or engaged in stem cell engineering research.
- 1:30pm - Todd McDevitt - Associate Professor, BME and Director, Stem Cell Engineering Center, Georgia Tech - "Welcome and Overview"
- 2:00pm – Julie Champion, Assistant Professor, ChBE, Georgia Tech. "Protein Engineering for Controlled Growth Factor Delivery"
- 2:15pm – Todd Sulchek, Assistant Professor, ME, Georgia Tech. "Mechanical Characterization of Single Cells"
- 2:30pm – Manu Platt, Assistant Professor, BME, Georgia Tech/Emory. "Proteolytic Activity during Stem and Progenitor Cell Differentiation"
- 2:45pm – Phil Santangelo, Assistant Professor, BME, Georgia Tech/Emory. "Single Cell Analysis and RNA Biology"
- 3:00pm – Discussion
- 3:15pm – Break
- 3:30pm – Mark Styczynski, Assistant Professor, ChBE, Georgia Tech. "Metabolism: Characterization and Utility for Control"
- 3:45pm – Craig Forest, Assistant Professor, ME, Georgia Tech. "Sensing and Control Systems"
- 4:00pm – Melissa Kemp, Assistant Professor, BME, Georgia Tech. "Intracellular Signaling & Computational Modeling"
- 4:15pm – Ian Copland, Assistant Professor, Emory. "GMP Cell Manufacturing Practices"
- 4:30pm – Discussion, Summary/Wrap-up
- 5:00pm - Poster Session & Reception in the IBB atrium
- 7:00pm - Adjourn